Mechanical Pit leveler Model C
The "C" Series mechanical Pit leveler, from Loading Dock Supply, is an economic step up from a dock face mounted Edge of Dock Leveler. With dynamic capacities of 25,000; 30,000; and 35,000 lbs. This leveler handles a standard four wheeled forklift with a 5,000 lb capacity. The deck and lip are constructed of 55,000 lb minimum yield tread plate. Lip keepers serve as night locks for security and provide safe cross traffic support when the leveler is stored. Grease fittings on lip hinge are standard on every unit.
C Series Pit Leveler Specifications
|Mechanical Pit leveler Specifications
||25,000; 30,000; 35,000
||6', 7' Widths
6', 8' Lengths
||55,000 pound minimum yield steel tread plate
||2 Molded Bumpers
|Working range Toe guards
|Dual Safety Legs
|Lip Keeper/Night locks
|Direct exstension spring
|Counter balance (no moving parts)
|Full Length Deck Support
|Working range toe guards (Operational toe guards option available) powder coat yellow
|Fixed rear hinge
|Load cannot exceed half the capacity
||1 year warranty on all structural members and main spring
|Below dock control
|Hydra lip assist comes with lips 18"-20" included (Flips out roughly when not installed)
|Weather Seals (side & rear)
Mechanical Pit Leveler Price
||6' x 6' - 25,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||6' x 8' - 25,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 6' - 25,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 8' - 25,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||6' x 6' - 30,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||6' x 8' - 30,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 6' - 30,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 8' - 30,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||6' x 6' - 35,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||6' x 8' - 35,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 6' - 35,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
||7' x 8' - 35,000 lb. capacity mechanical pit leveler
Mechanical Pit Leveler Features
- Deck and lip are constructed of 55,00 lb. Minimum Yield Steel Tread Plate.
- Levelers are exclusively equipped with full length deck support beams. Each beam is fully welded to a Full-width Header Plate (G")at the front of the Leveler.
- Direct Extension Spring Design has no moving parts - nothing to service!
- Extra Heavy Rear Angle with Strategically Placed Gussets provides maximum structural support and frame strength.
- Molded Bumpers included to protect dock face and Leveler from truck damage. Ask us about upgrading to a laminated bumper
- Continuous Hinge Design with Grease Fittings included as standard.
- Front and rear Forklift Slots provide easy access for maneuvering and installation.
- Side Ports allow unit to be suspended and lowered into pit from dock floor.
- Custom engineered Rear Angle is two inches wider than the Leveler, providing
- extra area to weld at both ends.
- Conveniently located Pull-chain provides easy activation of deck and lip.
- Direct extension Spring Counterbalance provides easy walk-down.
- Operating Range of 12" above and 12" below dock allows Leveler to be recycled with the truck in position. (differential dependent on leveler length)
- Automatic Lip locks into position when extended and releases when unit is walked down to position on truck floor.
- Maintenance Struts are a standard feature on all C Series Levelers.
- Positive Hold-down Device allows up and down float when in service.
- Counterbalance System operates on simple, Direct Extension Spring Design with no moving parts. Adjustment Nut is located at the front of the Leveler for safe, easy access.
- Lip Keepers serve as night locks for security, and provide safe Cross-traffic Support when unit is stored.
- Safety Legs automatically provide below dock support in event of premature truck departure.
- Working Range Toe Guards protect workers from injury during loading and unloading.
A 1-year warranty on structural members. A 1-year warranty is provided on mechanical and miscellaneous parts (including materials, labor, and freight).
Mechanical Pit Leveler Architectural Specification
“C” Series Mechanical Pit Leveler
- Design is based on products manufactured by: PIONEER Dock Equipment
- Type: Loading dock leveler shall be fully mechanical pull chain operated with no moving parts. No rollers, cams or lanyards.
B. Product Characteristics: Dock Levelers
1. Product: Fully mechanical dock leveler – Model C____________
2. Size: ____’ wide x _____’ long, _____” deep to fit _____” deep pit.
3. Capacity: ____________ lbs. (25, 30 & 35,000 lb. capacities available)
4.1 The platform shall be ¼” thick, 55,000 lb. minimum yield steel tread plate. Platform support shall be formed sheet metal welded at front of leveler to full width header plate.
4.2 Lip shall be 55,000 lb. minimum yield steel tread plate with a projection beyond the platform edge of 16” and 12” beyond the
bumpers. Lip hinge pin shall be 1” cold rolled CF1045 steel shaft. Hinge tubes are 1 1/8” I.D. seamless with grease fittings.
4.3 Toe guards shall be working range type as standard. Full Range Toe Guards are available as an option.
4.4 Counter balance system to be direct extension spring design with no moving parts.
5.1 Conveniently located pull chain release provides easy activation of deck and lip.
5.2 Lip to automatically extend and lock in position. Lip lock to release when unit is walked down and lip rests on truck bed. Hydra Lip option is available.
6.1 Positive hold down device to allow up and down float when servicing truck.
6.2 Unit shall have a working range of 12” above and 12” below dock level.
6.3 Below dock safety legs shall provide positive stop in case of premature truck departure and shall not be affected by lip motion.
6.4 Ramp to be recyclable with truck in position at dock.
6.5 Cross traffic support and night lock security to be provided by lip stored in lip keepers.
6.6 Deck to compensate (tilt) a maximum of 4” from side to side to service out of level trucks.
6.7 Levelers and warranty shall meet or exceed the performance requirements of CS202-56., O.S.H.A. and A.N.S.I. MH-14.1. 1 – 1984.
7. Weather seal: Brush type (meets FDA requirements) weather seals optional.
8. Bumpers: Two per dock leveler.
Pit Leveler Pan Form
Avoid costly mistakes and get the right dimensions every time with a Pan form kit. Designed for ease of use, the Pit Pan form is simple to assemble and place prior to pouring your dock pit. All steel construction make this item ideal for any new dock installation. Click the links below to learn more about installation and dimensions.
For applications where trucks are coming in lower than the Pit Leveler operating range, we suggest using wheel risers. Getting yours trailer bed up to a safe working height, at or above dock level, is essential to the proper freight handling. Wheel risers are also a great product for loading docks receiving a variety of trucks heights.
Truck Risers - Wheel Risers